AMT-210 Heated Tube Expander
The AMT-210 provides a means of expanding hard plastic tubing to allow insertion of fittings and other components. This works better than a heated mandrel because of the range and the addition of a controlled stretching action. Standard straight or tapered jaws sizes are available in addition to custom jaw sets. The jaws are independently heated and warm quickly to soften tubing materials such as PE, HDPE, UHMW and PTFE. As the tubing cools it shrinks back to the original size, after the fitting is inserted. Send us your samples, we'll set it up before shipping.
This device requires 120VAC (240VAC Europe) and pressurized air source for operation. Units are stainless steel. All units are designed for Class 10,000/ISO 7 clean room applications.
- Expands hard plastic tubing and non-metallic braided materials, up to and including Shore A 85 durometer
- Works with hard plastic materials such as nylon, polyethylene, polypropylene, and PTFE.
- Expands tubing with an inside diameter of 1/16" to 1/2"
- Custom jaw sizes available upon request
- Unit weighs 16.5lbs/7,5kg
- Overall dimensions: 14.7" L x 12" W x 7.1" H
- Requires 80-100 psi air supply
- Requires 120VAC (North America) or 230VAC (Europe)
- 210 - Stainless steel finish, comes with one standard jaw set
- Watch the AMT-210 video (coming soon)
- Contact us for a copy of the AMT-210 Operation Manual